Annie Boreson, the creator of the blog, Annie Off Leash, has recognized The Monkey Bellhop with a Sunshine Award. It’s an award given by bloggers to other “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I’m not sure I totally fit the bill since I can’t even inspire my own children to move their dirty dishes from the sink and into the dishwasher, but who knows when I’ll get another?
The nice thing about getting an award like this is there is no acceptance ceremony so I don’t have to run out and ask Alexander McQueen to crochet me a dress, let alone change out of my pajamas. If anyone doesn’t know by now, that’s the only reason the Internet was created in the first place. So people no longer have to put on pants. Anyway, more important, this presents an opportunity to make you aware of other bloggers, Annie included. She is a very gifted writer and one of her most recent posts, “A Remote Possibility” — really a short story — is riveting right from the start, not to mention compelling and ultimately, very poignant. Do yourself a favor and check out her work.
The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. OK, I just did that. Thanks, Annie!
Tell you seven things about myself.
- To this day I regret telling my daughter’s third grade class that if you milked a mechanical bull, 3 in 1 oil would come out.
- I do not believe the moon landing was a hoax but I do believe that the man who actually walked on it was not Neil Armstrong, but his identical twin brother, Weaver.
- My lifelong dream is to drive my car through a mud puddle at 45 miles per hour while one or more members of Congress are standing on the street.
- I once had to make five trips to Home Depot in one day to install a towel rack.
- It doesn’t bother me in the slightest if an infant screams for the entire duration of a transatlantic flight because I derive great pleasure from the knowledge that it’s not my child.
- I’ve seen “Tucker and Dale vs. Evil” a half dozen times.
- I would rather stand in sleet for three hours than spend it in the first row of a Broadway theater watching a musical.
Select your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
- Cathy Cantu’s blog 5 Minutes for the Frazzled Mom is just very funny and her tales of raising kids and living in the south reflect an imaginative and keenly observational comic mind.
- EC Stilson’s Crazy Life of a Writing Mom is a very recent discovery and I was hooked after reading her story called “If You Ever Read My Blog, Read This Post“.
- Caro Ness is a gifted author and poet living in England. Her site is called Caro Ness Author: Thoughts and Musings and she spends most of her time not promoting herself but spreading the word on behalf of other writers and bloggers.
- An interesting hybrid of family and societal observations from the perspective of a mother who also happens to be a vampire. That Vampire Maman, aka Juliette, is a highly innovative and insightful writer with a gift for creating a fantasy world within a “real” world context.
- The Regular Guy NYC. Kind of says it all. Very funny observations from Phil, a long time New Yorker and advertising veteran. Right now he has it out for that groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, for obviously taking a dive on his groundhog day prediction.
Thanks again for the recognition and the opportunity to recognize other writers!
© 2013 The Monkey Bellhop and John Hartnett